So Andy and I were flipping through one of my many pregnancy books the other day, and we came upon this little countdown that really (I must say) just did a doozer on my self-esteem. I couldn't help but laugh really hard at the list partially due to fear and then also because it's all probably true. But these are the things that people just keep to themselves... tucked away quietly in their minds (where all of these thoughts should stay). The way Andy was narrating them to me was also hilarious... he's so animated sometimes and makes it sound even worse than it is! So enjoy. And laugh.
Top-Ten Biggest Shocks of Childbirth
10. How big you really got during pregnancy.
9. How fat you still are when you leave the hospital.
8. How messy childbirth and recovery are.
7. How frightened you are of ever having a bowel movement again in this lifetime.
6. How fat your face looks in the delivery room videos and photos.
5. How certain you are that you will never want sex again.
4. How irresponsible the hospital was to have released this precious baby into your care, considering you'd never even changed a diaper until yesterday.
3. How complicated nursing a baby really is.
2. How overwhelming your devotion and enslavement to the baby are already.
1. How nobody ever told you how much it REALLY hurts to have a baby.
So... anyone want a copy of this book???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
LMBO....... these are so dang true....and here I am thinking i want another one.... LOL.... thanks for the laugh..... and a reality check :0)
P.S. WOO-HOO your on the final countdown... can you please wait til the 5th to have her so I can win your guessing game.... ;)just playing.. good luck to the 3 of you.... hope it goes easy for you.... let me know if you need anything.... :)
Ah yes...the things you don't know beforehand. But seriously, it is all totally and completely worth it all. You will be so happy with your new baby once she is here. Can't wait to see pictures!
Gin -
You should definitely have Andy play you the butt rock song Final Countdown to celebrate counting down your due date.
-Adam
so true! But worth it! that's hilarious!!!
Ha ha! Those are all totally true! Wow... what is that book called? I'd like it for the next time around!
haha I love that! I want a copy of the book!! I would say one of those is soo true it is scary. You now which one I am talking about.
Post a Comment