Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Big Man Andy

I am sooo proud of my husband! He submitted an abstract at work a couple of months ago, and his was chosen (out of 300 others all from North America) for him to present in front of hundreds of people in Texas in October!!! What a smart and accomplished husband I have! Way to go Andy!! I love you!

Here's a copy of the congratulatory letter he received:

Thank you for your abstract submission for the 2008 Operational Excellence (OE) Forum. The Planning team for the Forum is pleased to inform you that your abstract has been selected for a presentation at the event to be held September 30 - October 2, at the Woodlands Waterway Marriot just outside of Houston, Texas. Congratulations!

The planning team analyzed ~ 300 submissions and determined that your abstract meets the criteria for the theme “Leading the Way, Achieving Results,” and effectively addresses a priority OE gap the company would like to close. As you develop your presentation, keep in mind that attendees will be looking for “Ideas to Go” to help their business units achieve success in the same area of Operational Excellence. In the coming month, you will be contacted by a track team member with information and guidelines on presentation format, style and content to help you achieve the best possible transfer of information to attendees.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO awesome!! Congrats Andy!!!! What a smarty pants! By the way Gin, I love that picture of you!

Adam Jensen said...

Wow! That's SO cool! Way to go Andy!!! Now I need to know all about what an abstract is :)

Gini said...

An abstract is just a short paper that they write based on one of the projects they're working on. Sort of like a summary.

Lauren said...

What a great recognition and honor! And fun that you guys get to take a trip. That is a very nice picture of the two of you.

Kacie said...

Virginia, that is AWSOME. By the way I live like 5 minutes away from where he is presenting that in the Woodlands!!!! Holy cow! if you come with him please come visit me!! I am begging you! You'll have your new little baby, and I want to see you so bad. Let me know.