Big Belly Update
So here are some belly shots for those of you who are curious. I am officially feeling like I have a big ol' bowling ball underneath my shirt all the time now, and my feet and ankles (or should we say cankles now) are feeling the wrath of the baby weight. Yeah the heat doesn't exactly help that out at all. They got sooo swollen this weekend for the first time. And my right one gets more swollen than my left because baby Olson likes my right side. She loves to kick me right in the ribs, and jab her knee out my right side. So all in all, what I'm trying to say is, that my feet look like that of a diabetic old woman. They look disgusting, and I can't wait until they are back to normal. I can't wait until my whole BODY is back to normal. My back is killing me too from this little baby's extra weight. And heaven knows that I really have gotten the multi-tasking skill down to a T. I can throw up, blow my nose, and pee... all at the same time!! I feel so absolutely talented. Haha.
The Toe Story...
So the other day, I got this fantastic idea that I would re-paint my toenails, since my last job was well-grown out, and I love having pretty toes. So I hoisted my left leg onto our ottoman, and just got that foot all polished pretty with my bright orange nail polish, when my leg went dead from my big belly cutting off my circulation to my legs by sitting that way. So I clumsily go to put my dead leg down on the ground, and oops!! My big clumsy dead foot knocks over the bottle of nail polish... right onto my brand new tan carpet!!! And where does it go? Under the couch!!! So picture this... my leg is dead... I have a big belly and can't bend over to get the polish... plus I'm trying not to touch my 5 wet toenails onto the carpet as well. Meanwhile, I'll admit I said the word "damn", because I knew the bottle was underneath the couch, just gushing orange polish all over the place. Luckily, Andy was home for lunch at the time and was a witness to this whole fiasco, and when he heard me say the magic word, he bent right over and picked up the bottle without any problem! Well, we moved the couch to take a look at the damage. I'll just say that I really did a good job re-coloring our carpet. It took me two hours of scrubbing with various stinky cleaners to get those stains out, but I did manage to get them out! Triumph! After that, I was not about to attempt painting my toenails again with baby Olson front and center, so I treated myself to a pedicure. The little vietnamese lady did such a good job on my toes... I am very satisfied, and I think she could tell I was in distress because she gave me like a 15 minute calf and foot massage instead of the typical 3 minutes!!! Everything turned out good at the end of the day. Here is a pic of the finished product...



8 comments:
You are halarious! I imagined everything you described and laughed really hard! I love your stories and your humor. I can totally remember feeling helpless being pregnant but not knowing it until you try something and it ends badly. haha love it!
Oh p.s. I can't believe how cute you are! You have 11 days to go and you're not even that big! Plus you still look like a model. (jealous)
oh man you are nuts. I can just see it now. They do look really cute though and just think. you have hopefully learned a lesson for the next time.
I forgot to tell you, that you look so cute as usual with your adorable baby belly and thanks for the sweet comment. I love you to and miss you tons.
You look beautiful!!! It's nice to see a nice healthy baby belly :) Can't believe it's so close. I can't believe you were able to reach your feet period!!! that is quite an accomplishment. I don't think I would have even tried... funny story. You crack me up. Good talking to you yesterday:)
You are seriously the cutest prego mom I have ever seen! I am soooooo jealous and I want a baby now!
lol at your toe story... I can totally relate... try carrying a 10 pounder in your belly and getting anything done.... i couldn't even shave my legs....lol... oh the joys of being pregnant..... well she should be here soon... but sorry you your body doesn't go back to normal that quick....LOL.... your belly is too cute..... cant wait to see the lil one .... :)
You look so cute Gin!! You are one cute pregnant mamma! I am glad you treated yourself to a pedicure...well needed!! Love you and can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment