Monday, May 4, 2009

And she still smiles... :)

Well we sure had an interesting weekend. Friday and Saturday were great. We had fun at a friend's birthday party on Friday night (Atley came along and was soooo good!) and Saturday we had some babysitters so that Andy and I could go see the new X-Men Wolverine movie (really good by the way). Then Sunday came. We already had a tired baby... as Sunday always seems to bring with it. After church, we were checking out our newly-laid cement in our backyard. Andy was spraying off the concrete, and I wanted to go in the house for a minute, so I handed Atley off to him. He decided to follow in after me and forgot his feet were wet... stepped onto the tile from our patio... and lo and behold... had a great fall. Luckily, I have the smartest husband ever, and he turned so that he would land on his back and Atley landed on him... and then rolled onto the tile. We're not sure if Andy landed a bit on her or not, but anyway... I turned around to see both of my babies on the ground... and was sooo terrified! I ran over trying to comfort my crying Atley and my upset Andy. He was just so devastated.

The entire evening was full of tears and whining in pain from Atley. She would only let me hold her, and would just lay her head on my chest and whimper MaMa. I knew something was really wrong when she started to scream every time I tried to set her down, or would cry every time I would even move her. After a few hours, we decided it was necessary to take her to the Urgent Care (the most hated place on earth). We sat in waiting rooms forEVER and were there a total of 2 1/2 hours (not too bad). She had to have X-rays on her lower half... and that was traumatizing for us ALL! We felt sooo bad for our little bug... holding our baby down on a cold hard table in a dark room with strange machinery above her head that she didn't understand.

To make a long story short...the X-ray results showed a fracture on her right thigh... right above her knee. :( So little bug had to have a splint put on it today by the UC dr., and has an appointment tomorrow with the Orthopedic Dr. to get a long-term cast. Her little leg looks so sad... her not being able to move it, and she's been in so much pain. We'll keep you all updated! Here are some pics...

8 comments:

Manu Family said...

ahhh poor lil atley.... she is so cute still.... good luck with it all!! are you seeing dr tivnon... thats who kala saw for her fracture...?? hes great!!

Lauren said...

Oh, poor baby! What a nightmare for you guys! It is so sad to see your little one in pain. Good job to Andy for cushioning her--hope his back is okay too! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I am glad you guys are all okay! She still looks adorable with her splint! I wish I was there to give her a big hug and a kiss!! Love you guys!!!

Mom and Dad said...

What a beautiful little girl. I can't believe she could smile through all that! I am thinking of you!

Adam Jensen said...

Oh little sweetie! Poor Atley :( I am so glad it wasn't worse. You guys have been through HELL! I'm so sorry!

Adam Jensen said...

ps how nice that it's warm out..imagine getting pants over that thing!!

Kacie said...

That is the saddest story ever. She looks so cute in that pink cast though. But I think I would cry every day if Brystal was in a cast, of course she is a little older and can walk so it would be really hard for all of us. I feel so bad for her. Hope she is doing better now.

heidi said...

oh had sad, i didn't even know. i'm so sorry, i feel bad for all three of you having to deal with that.