Today: She actually looks HaPpY!
This week has been an absolute nightmare!! I have never felt so frustrated and so helpless. Atley has been in so much pain and discomfort. We've been in and out of doctor's offices and waiting rooms all week, and she finally got her cast on yesterday. She's terrified of doctors now! Whenever anyone would come into the patient room, she would throw her arms around mine or Andy's neck and just grip as tightly as she could so we couldn't set her down. Poor baby. Naps have been a disaster... and bedtime?? Ha... don't even get me started. Last night she woke up twice (not bad right??) WRONG!!! She kept me up for 4 hours!!! 2-6 a.m. So today I am totally sleep deprived and probably a bit cranky.
Her pain seems to be a bit better today. She was able to eat breakfast this morning, which is good because she hasn't had an appetite all week long. And she's finally actually taking naps today which means I finally have a bit of time to myself... and I refuse to do house-work during this time. :) I figure it will always be there, and it can wait.
She is much much happier today, and I'm so glad she seems to be feeling better! We got out of the house for a little while today and went to the park with some other mamas and babies just to get some sunshine. She seemed to really like that. So here are some updated pics of her in her new PINK cast. Her new nickname is Pink Floyd, at least until she gets it off. The nickname stems from my childhood when Merissa, my sis, broke her arm and got a bright pink cast. My brothers, in the butt-rock era, decided that Pink Floyd was an appropriate name for her, and of course she hated it. So it definitely stuck!! So now, we pass the name on to Atley. She should feel so privileged. :) Haha.

Meet Pink Floyd.... up close and personal. He has some lovely features.
Pic of Atley right when we got back from the Dr.'s office. Here she is showing off her cool new cast. The other babies will be so jealous. The color is so "in" right now, and it's such a high quality material... virtually indestructable.
Poor little girl... although I must say, she is still dang cute even with a big old clumsy cast on. The cast is even cute. It's the most awkward thing in the world, and I swear it adds a good 2-3 lbs. to her! No wonder she can't lift her leg!!! Immobile for at least a little while longer... I guess that's why she has a mommy! :)
17 comments:
Those are really cute pictures! I love that my old nickname can be passed down to my favorite niece! :) Which by the way, you forgot to mention that YOU broke my arm :) hehe, I love that story. I hope she continues to feel better so you can get some rest! I wish I was there to help you :( Hang in there, you are a great mommy!! love you!
Well, she sure pulls pink off well. I am so sorry. I just heard about this today and let me know if there is something I can do to help you. Your poor baby!!! Poor Andy, we will make sure we will keep you guys in our prayers. I hope you are able to get some rest, seriously let me know what I can do for you.
Good thing you have a daughter, because a son would look silly in that bright pink cast. Just remember, medical insurance is one of the greatest blessings. Also, babies (really!) heal quickly because their bones are still in growth mode. Hopefully, she'll be beach-ready in time to sport a cute bathing suit on the sand. Let me know if you need ANYTHING, my friend.
Oh sweetie! I'm so sorry to hear about your poor little baby. I hope she gets feeling better soon. what a rough road for you. She does however look styling in her pink cast. Those little ones are so fragial. I feel bad for Andy, poor guy. I hope you get sleep soon. I don't blame you for being cranky. My prayers are with you. Love you!
Oh....she is the cutest pink casted girl ever! I love pink floyd! I'm so glad that she is sleeping and eating better! You guys have definately had quite the week! When will she be healed?
The pink is too cute! I had 2 hot pink casts in 3rd grade on both my arms thank you very much! (i was pretending to be a bird and jumping off the top bunk):)
I wish I could help you out Gin... I really do! Come over and let you get in a little nap or clean or something... dang these miles between us!!! :) Hope she keeps getting better and is SLEEPING better!!! Thanks so much for the update.
Oh, poor little Atley! I just saw your blog today...and thought to myself, I saw Atley on Sunday with Andy and she seemed perfectly fine. So, how long does the cast stay on for? ...We'll be thinking of her ...keep us posted!
I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am that Pink Floyd lives on, now with a second generation. I'm glad that little Atley is okay.
- Adam
Poor baby! I've been meaning to come by but Sadie's been sick so I thought the last thing you needed was another twist to this past week.
She does look like she is in good spirits though. As soon as I read your other post I called Steve right away and what luck he was at the River so I made him to and talk to Andy to find out how Atley was doing.
Tell Andy I'm sorry about that! HA! Steve had some good nicknames for him though.
Anyway I hope things are going better and that you had a good Mother's Day. Hopefully I will be able to stop by this week. Talk to you soon!
Oh and I forgot...That cast is really cute. Even while in pain she's still got style! But I'm actually surprised you haven't decorated yet. HA!
So Sorry!! It has to be the worst thing to see your babies (Andy included Ü) hurting..It is good to see that Atley is still just as smiley as ever though! And I love the pink! I hope she gets feeling better and that you can start to get some sleep again!!
Poor little Atley. It is so hard when your kids are sick or hurt and you can't help them.
We just found out on Sunday what happened. We are so sorry. I'm so glad things are getting better.
Dang Gin what the heck? I leave you alone for one second and your girls in a cast!!! J/K!!! Poor baby! I cant imagine how hard that must have been on you but at least she's stylin!!
She is a little trooper! So cute in Pink Floyd II. Make sure you tell her often how Pink Floyd came to be so that she can also be the only one in her future Utah History class to know what a "Pink Floyd" actually is!
It's so sad to see your baby in a cast, but after a week they don't even notice it. Keaton was bumped by his aunt while standing on the stairs and tumbled to the bottom. Everyone talked me out of taking him to the ER, but after a night of crying and not using his arm no one was going to stop me from taking him in. Turns out I was right, he had a fracture on his arm and had a cast from his hand to his shoulder. His was styling to, except we chose the blue over the pink...we didn't want him to have a complex about it! After a week he didn't even notice it...but just a FYI...that cast gets pretty ripe by the end of the 6 weeks, or however long you have to leave it on and good luck keeping it dry! :)
What happened?! Luckily they have cute bright pink casts! My niece broke her leg too...but they cast the wrong leg.
Post a Comment