Monday, April 27, 2009

Laguna Beach & LA Zoo

This past weekend, Andy, Atley and I set out for a little mini-vacation. We left Saturday morning, and went to the LA zoo. We had sooo much fun, and there were really so many cool animals to see there... some I had never seen before at any other zoos! To be honest, the zoo was really for me and Andy since Atley is really too young to appreciate the animals too much. But we LOVE zoos.
We stayed overnight in a hotel in Anaheim, and met up with Jess, Jen and Cayson! They had been at Disneyland all day Saturday. So sunday morning we had breakfast with them at the hotel, and then headed out for a fun day on Laguna Beach. The beach was BEAUTIFUL... it was such a warm day, and there were hardly any people... which is exactly what we like!! Atley LOVED the beach, and just sat on her little beach towel singing for over an hour to herself while she played with the suntan lotion bottles. You could honestly hear her singing over the waves of the ocean! She has such a high-pitched little singing voice!
Atley in her carseat on the way to the zoo! She's such a beautiful little angel...Atley and Daddy waiting in line to get into the zoo. We bought her this hat before we went in... I'm sure glad we did! She has such little hair, and the sun was so bright and warm that day!
Can anyone tell me what this weird lookin' animal is?? Kudos to whoever can!!! And no, it's not a funny-looking bear (which is what we thought at first). Hint: It drools a lot, (and it's nastY), and it has a high-pitched yelp? Ugh. Grosses me out. Look at its big ol' getto booty.
What is this animal? Half zebra? Half deer? I have a little prize for whoever comes up with the most creative names for these animals. :)
Isn't this flower beautiful? It grows on a certain type of tree here... not sure what the name is, but I love it!Here we all are at the zoo! Atley has her little grandma hat on! Finally, pics of Laguna Beach! Daddy showing Atley the waves! She loved watching them come in. Look how little she is!

Jess flashing me the peace sign, and Jen and Cayson playing in the water. Cays LOVED the water. He kept wanting to run in all by himself... it's good he has quick parents!

Little Cays enjoying some rays and cool water. Every little boys' dream. That big smile rarely comes off his little face! :)


Us at Laguna Beach! The sand felt sooo good.



Atley standing tall. This is her new thing. She stands with her little legs locked, chest puffed, and big proud smile on her face. She loves to stand. She can't do it on her own yet, but she's getting better at it everyday.
I love this picture. It's so sweet. Jess and Jen look so sweet helping their little boy into the water, and Andy looks so cute carrying Atley on his shoulders in the water. She loves this too. She just squeals with delight every time he puts her up there. She's such a happy little girl and we have so much fun with her!

This is the proud smile I'm talking about! Look how proud she is to be standing.

Saturday night: (this post is a little backwards) Atley welcoming us into our hotel room. I think she was just glad to be out of her carseat and out of the sun after a long day at the zoo!

The bed hog... literally. She had to sleep with us at the hotel, because she wouldn't sleep anywhere else. And guess who had the most room out of the baby and the two adults???
Well, Atley has to have room to move around 360 degrees. Seriously. :) Haha. Needless to say, Andy and I didn't sleep very well.

Daddy giving Atley a little bath in the hotel. I think her little nakey body is sooo cute!!! She loves bath-time, but was a little uneasy in the new tub and new surroundings. ;)
It was such a nice weekend... nice to get out of Bakersfield for a couple of days... but sooo nice to come back home as well!!! We had such a wonderful time with Jess, Jen and Cayson!! Thanks for asking us to meet you guys! We love and miss you! :)
By the way Jess, that dog we saw on the beach... I looked it up on the internet, and it's official species is the Albino(a) Bone Dog. Huh... funny official name, but whatever.

9 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

It's a Tapir!! It's a Tapir! Well the first weird animal is ... I don't know what the second zebra/giraffe thing is. They dont have those at our zoo? I love all the photos! I love the one of you holding Atley way up high at the beach! Too cute. Looks like you guys had a great time! I am so glad you were able to meet up! Thanks for the update!

Aaron and Kaime said...

That zebra deer animal looks like an OKAPI- it is a deer/zebra/giraffe thing. I have seen one before (when i lived in cali)so i looked the name up. That red flower tree- I used to have one in my front yard when i lived in cali and i dont remeber what it is called. It is like the Pohutukawa flower. Not sure but related I believe.
It seems like you guys have a lot of fun as a family out there. Good for you guys. Atley is getting so big and so cute.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! I love Atley's little puffy overalls and her grandma hat! haha, cute!! She is getting so big, I can't believe it! Cays looks cute in those pictures. I love his little smile he always has :) I want to come out and go to the beach!!

Adam Jensen said...

Atley is getting big, we can't wait to see her. That deer thing is called a Zeer. Half zebra, half deer. They originated in South America.
- Adam

kristi said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. I didn't see you at church and wondered if you all were okay. So happy to know that no one was ill - YEAH!!!

Anonymous said...

There's nothing like a little get away! Those were the cutest pictures at the Zoo and the beach! I love her hat. I buy those kind for Connor and Kayden and Cam calls them fishing hats! They provide great coverage! I can't wait to hold that cute little girl!

Adam Jensen said...

So do I get a prize? Adam got on here and said "I knew you'd know one of those animals!" I have to credit my previous zoo attendance and Go Deigo Go :) So do I win a bow or something? :)

Adam Jensen said...

The peach pie... hilarious :) I can't wait for Adam to read that! I hope i am with him when he does :)
Ok so if I really do get a prize then I want you to choose it. You can make it thoughtful or a joke, either way I will love it! it doesn't have to be a bow, I was just being a smart alec, but actually I bet you could come up with something cool :)

Steven and Tanesha said...

Looks like you had fun! I love Laguna Beach it's so pretty.