In a hurry... this is a phrase I say to myself, or say aloud a million times a day it seems. "I need to hurry and get some laundry done", "I need to hurry and do the dishes", "I need to hurry and get my hair and makeup finished before Atley wakes", "I need to hurry and get my thoughts down on this page"....
So I've been thinking the last few days... when am I NOT in a hurry? And am I in such a hurry, that life will just hurry and pass me by? I have one baby (two if you count Andy haha), what will happen when I have two, or when number three or even four comes?!?!
Life never slows down... so instead, WE need to sloooow down. I need to breathe through my days, relishing each moment, and being thankful I can complete the tasks I do each day... with Atley, with Andy, and by myself. I need to take time to notice the beautiful creations that surround me. And not only that surround me, but the creation that IS me. Life is not all about chores, or even recreation or fun. It is about taking time to learn, to teach yourself. A good lesson in life, for me, is learning to get to know myself and loving myself for exactly who I am. This has been a challenge for me all of my life. So everyday, right when I get up in the morning, I look myself in the mirror, and think of at least one thing I like about myself... whether it's physical, mental or spiritual. A lot of this has to do with having a daughter now who looks up to me, and watches me every single day. I want her to learn to love herself and her body as she grows into it... and hopefully she can learn this partially by example, and I hope I can be that example.
Anyway, I hope that after reading through this minute of deep thinking I had (these moments are few and far between haha), we can all have more positive thoughts about ourself, about others, and take the time to do so, and also take the time to ENJOY LIFE!!! Don't be in such a hurry all the time!! Yes, sometimes I do have a screaming baby in the line at Kohl's, and I just want to shove everyone out of my way and get OUT of there!! But you know what? This too, shall pass. And when it does, I will miss it, just as my mom tells me. What a wise woman she is! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Great thoughts Gini. Thanks for those great reminders! I thought you were gonna bust out the Alambama song :) I do feel that way a lot too. I have a much better day when I take time for myself and try to slow down and just enjoy the moment.
I remember a talk from Elder Ballard a while back I think. "I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less”
His talk is Daughters of God and it is totally along the lines of your thoughts.
Thanks Gin. I love you and your great example.
I love you! You are a beautiful young lady - inside and out- and I am very proud of you! You are an awesome Mom. Andy and Atley are very lucky to have you!
Thanks for the good thoughts Gin. I have thought the same thing so many times...it seems like I am always rushing around...especially because we always have to say "i'll call you back" at least 4times in one conversation. :) It reminds me of the song "you're gonna miss this" by trace adkins. It seems like I am always hurrying to get on to the next day and next thing in life and I find myself saying "okay, it's wednesday! woo! the week is half over" but I know I need to relish the everyday moments more often :) love you!!
I completely agree with you. Ever since I went back to work I say I need to hurry. I get home from work and have more work to do. I need to stop and take time to be with Zach and my baby, before she grows up!
I'm always in a hurry, and CONSTANTLY late. So, for me, the challenge is to motivate the little ones to get ready (start getting ready far before we have to be anywhere). And if I'm still late, at least I tried. Some things can't be rushed.
I'm in a hurry to get things done, oh I rush and rush until life's no fun. All I really gotta do is live and die, but I'm in a hurry and don't know why.
- Alabama
Amen...i need to do better with that too, thanks for the reminder
such great thoughts. i love that you realize you have to lead by example. thanks for sharing I need to work on that, so thanks!
Post a Comment