Sunday, March 1, 2009

RaNdOm NeWs



March has officially begun!! I can't believe it... time goes by so quickly. When I was younger, March seemed like such a blah month, just because spring doesn't really officially start until April, and it's warmer in March (in Utah)... but not quite warm enough to be playing outside. Yet, St. Patrick's Day held a little bit of mystery and magic for me.


I believed in the magic of leprechauns. I believed they were teensy little people with red beards and green clothes, and they would watch me... sort of like little elves, except they were really tiny and would hide in our window-wells, and in our lawn. Now that I look back on it, it was probably a little thing my mom would tell us so that we would be good... something to keep us motivated since Christmas had already ended and she had 9 more months to go! Anyway, every St. Patrick's Eve (?), each of the siblings (Ad, Jess, myself and Meriss) would set one of our shoes out on our front porch. In the morning, we would run outside and collect our shoes, and inside them would be chocolate coins and candy... sometimes fun little pencils and stencils and things. I loved this tradition!!! What a way to bring some fun into the holiday... What are some of your St. Patrick traditions?? Please share!! Finished Prada(ct)!! Get it? Finished product?? Anyway, this is the purse I made this last week. My friend Heidi helped me... it was so much fun to make!! And our kids actually behaved for us while we sewed! It was great.



Atley and I after this last Friday night of partying hard at some friends'. Plenty for a baby to look at... balloons, food, music, lots of people. We had so much fun visiting... but it was wayyyy past her bedtime, and believe me, we paid for it the following day! :)



I just thought you would all like to see how she sleeps in her crib. I find this so funny. That little pink bunny is tied onto one corner of her crib, and each night (or nap) when we lay her down, she rolls over and hugs her little pink bunny and snuggles into it. And when we go in to pick her up when she awakens, she hugs it before she leaves the crib. She loves her pink bunny, and this is how she always looks in her crib. So peaceful when asleep. :)










Ha!! Super Atley! Here to save the world! The shirt got stuck on her head before bathtime, and Andy and I couldn't stop laughing. Poor girl didn't know what in the world was going on...



In Andy news, he starts his new job tomorrow, (still within Chevron), but he's going to be a field engineer and work out at the Kern River site, which is on the other side of town. This will be a big change for him because he won't be working with any of the same people any more, and it's a completely different job... and we won't see him for lunches any more :(. He's excited and nervous... and it will be so good when the initial 'first week' is over with.


He's also been extremely busy with scouting for our stake and school as well. Busy man. So it is a treat when Atley and I get to spend time with him!


Good luck this week Andy (Daddy)! We love you!

14 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

Wow! Andy got a new position again? It seems like they keep you on your toes at Chevron! that's good. Good luck Andy.
Gini you are so cheesy! St. P's day holds some magic and mystery for me... oh my gosh I couldn't stop laughing!!! You are hilarious. I bet a time or two Gordon left you a prize in your shoes when it wasn't St. Patrick's day!! That is a cute tradition. Your mom is fun and did so many cute things with you guys.
We would wear green and dye our maltomeal green for breakfast :)

I think I might be a little scared of little leprechauns in my yard. I mean the did have a horror movie called the leprechaun.

Atley is getting so cute. I love how she cuddles her little bunny. Hayd loves his elephant tied on his crib too :)

wow i am leaving a super long comment. It just means i miss you and want to talk i guess :)
thanks for the update!

Adam Jensen said...

Oh and I forgot about the purse!!! AWESOME!! Gini, you gotta teach me. Your domestic skills are impressive :)

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big! I love that she hugs her little bunny..but I must say I noticed her sweet cat blanket she was wrapped up in! :) I'm so glad she likes it!
K, when you told me you were making a purse...I figured it was some cheesy knapsack looking thing....but that purse is freaking CUTE!!!!!! Can you help me make one this weekend? pretty please? this weekend?! I am so excited!!!
i agree with Rach...you are pretty cheesy! That's one reason I love ya :) haha! I love the little cheesey bits you put in your posts. I do miss the St. Patricks day tradition though...I was crushed when Mrs. Hill in third grade told me leprachauns weren't real. That was a day of sadness and mourning! :( Love you!!

Manu Family said...

o.k. i just love that purse.... and the pics of Atley are so dang cute... don't you wish you could sleep like that... LOL... she is such a cutie....

Brooke McKay and Parker said...

I can't believe you made that purse. It is so cute. I think you should be in charge of our craft next Thanksgiving!!! Aunt Vicki told us Atley is sitting up. That is so fun.

Lindsay said...

Your St. Patricks day tradition is so fun! We never really did anything and I really never liked the holiday. I am actually hoping the baby doesnt come that day because I never liked it. Anyway, I love you bag, way cute!!

Steven and Tanesha said...

My family didn't have any St. Patricks Day traditions but yours is cute! Maybe we will do that when we have kids. Your purse is so cute too! I can't make anything to save my life...I guess I wasn't endowed with the high level craftiness that you and Meriss have.

Katie said...

Little Atley sure is growing up and looking like an Olson! Good luck to Andy on his new job. Gini, I need to hire you to make me a new purse, way cute!

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Okay, I love the bag, wanna teach me how to make one? I love love love it!! I need a new bag and I love the look. I think I have the perfect fabric for it too!!!! TEACH MEEEE!!!!!

Vaylene & Jordan said...

You are amazing at bag making! GREAT JOB!!!!

Jennifer said...

All of your pictures are so cute! Atley is getting so big! I can't believe how much they change in just a couple of months. I love how she snuggles with her little bunny, she puts some effort into it! That purse is so cute! I just started learning how to use my sewing machine and I didn't know you could make something like that. My baby blanket had a lot of mistakes. Maybe someday you could teach me some of your skills.
That is a fun St. Patricks day tradition, I think I want to start it! It's nice have an excuse to buy stuff for Cayson.

Anonymous said...

Agley is adorable! You are such a cute mommy. The hat and the purse are so cute! I would love a little hat for newborn pictures it would be perfect!

Tam said...

I love the bag! You did a Fantastic job on it.

Steve is bummed that Andy is going to the River. I think this just means we need to get together more. :)

I can't believe how big Atley is getting. I love her newest picture. It is totally a classic pic.

I love the idea of doing something for St. Patty's day. I love your story about the shoes and the chocolate coins. I think I will start doing that this year!

Anonymous said...

That is a very cute purse. You're so talented!! And I love your ST Patty's day traditions. We never really did anything. I think my mom used to make green breakfast and green milk but I don't really remember much more! Atley is growing up so fast and I can't wait to see her!