Sunday, September 14, 2008

Yosemite and Olson ManFest

This posting is a little backwards... sorry...just read it anyway... too lazy to fix.





And here's a couple of the happy fam at Yosemite overlooking more beautiful scenery...



















And here's the happy man-festers. Haha. That sort of sounds like ancestors. Anyway, they hiked Mt. Whitney this year for their big event. They had a grand old time. Andy and 3 of his 4 brothers went. What manly men they are!! They all look so tough, don't they??



Here's beautiful Atley... just pondering on life.


The Happy Family overlooking the beautiful canyons!!






This is Uncle Kent planning out his own little adventure with tree types throughout Yosemite Park. He likes to identify vegetation.





























This is part of the manfest group. The rest arrived later the next day. From left to right: Ted (Papos), Uncle Kent, Dallin (Tunee), Andy and Atley, and Cameron.




















So a couple of weeks ago we took our little family up to Yosemite National Park. It was Atley's first big vacation, and first time really being out of the house. We had so much fun!! We went on a little hike, and saw some beautiful mountain scenery.

This is a picture of Atley just chillin' at the hotel on the little bed we made her. So sweet! And then one of Atley catching some rays with her little sunhat on.

8 comments:

Lauren said...

What a fun adventure! Glad you enjoyed some fresh air and fun.

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, I love the pictures of the Olson man-fest! What a time you had I'm sure, especially with Uncle Kent and all of his little comments and information. Atley is looking beautiful. I am still trying to find my beading stuff...but I will send her a bracelet!

Vaylene & Jordan said...

I don't believe that you just had a baby! You look amazing! I love your hair cut 2!

Adam Jensen said...

BEAUTIFUL! the mountains and the baby :) I love yosemite, is that el capitan? I went long ago.... for a family reunion. That is cool that Andy and his fellow man-festers do that. Someday I wanna hike a fourteener :)

Shannon said...

My brothers and brothers-in-law love to hike and they all go together every other year (including Paul.) Last year they hiked Whitney and loved it. Some had hiked it before, but still thoroughly enjoyed it. It looks like they had a good time.

Molly and Kip said...

Okay I love the picture of her "pondering." I am so glad you guys were able to go. It looks like fun! So does this mean we get a girls week? I mean they got their manfest right?? Hmm...I am thinking of ideas

Malinda said...

Gin, si has gotten so big and so adorable. You look like a proud momma as you should. Looks like the vacation was fun.

Anonymous said...

haha, i love the picture of her sunbathing! :) I am glad you guys had fun!! What is the rag wrap Jeff is wearing???