Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas 2009

Atley giving her new baby "kisses". She's a very affectionate, nurturing little girl and loves giving her teddy bears and animals loves and kisses.



Christmas was different this year. Andy and I felt it would be best to stay in Bakersfield, so we did... just the three of us. It was peaceful, quiet, relaxing and actually really nice. We spent Christmas Eve with some of our good friends, the Fieldsteds, who live just down the block from us. We made a huge Christmas Eve dinner, cheesy potatoes and ham...the works, and we did white elephant, played games and watched Elf. We had a blast with them!


Christmas morning, we slept in. :) (since we don't have a baby that really knows what Christmas is yet) We took our time opening gifts, and it was so nice! The past year or so, Andy and I haven't seen much of each other between his business trips, callings in church, school and other activities. So it was truly nice to just be able to spend a few days together as a family. I felt like our family ties were re-united.





Atley riding her new elephant... I don't know what it is about this girl, but she LOVES animals! More than humans I would say... ;) She gives them lots of hugs and kisses, and carries them around wherever she goes. We got her a new teddy-blankie for her to sleep with, since the one she's had since birth is starting to look raggy. Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have a "backup" in case the one got lost. Well, that plan back-fired. Now she wants to sleep with BOTH of them all of the time. So now instead of keeping track of one teddy-blankie, I'm keeping track of two!!! The rule is: they don't leave the crib! :) Haha... if I'm lucky that is.

3 comments:

Adam Jensen said...

Atley is so cute!! THat elephant is so cool :) She is such a sweet girl. I miss her tons :( I am looking forward to seeing her on the webcam if it works out for this weekend :) glad you guys had a nice Olson family Christmas :)

Katie said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas. At least we weren't the only ones missing the famous "Christmas Eve Party"

Brooke McKay and Parker said...

We missed you guys but are so glad you had such a relaxing fun Christmas together. I think that's what I would want to. Vickie said you have been feeling better the last couple of weeks. I'm so glad to hear that.