Monday, October 26, 2009

Koo Koo Ka Choo!

So lots has been going on around here... I've just failed to blog about it. (sorry) Atley finally took her first steps!!! Last Wednesday night, Andy and I were finishing up dinner. Atley was getting close to bedtime, and so getting super ornery in the process. :) She wanted me to hold her, and I was trying to put it off as much as possible because I was tired... so I went to turn on The Wiggles (her favorite show), she got up on her feet... frustrated... started bouncing (like she was gearing up for her big debut), and took 2 really quick steps!!!! And then fell... BUT 2 STEPS on her OWN!!! Yay!!! We were sooo proud of her! No she's standing up more and more on her own. She has yet to walk more though. She's such a cautious and stubborn little baby girl. :)

We also went to Disneyland this last Friday... which was a blast. Andy, Atley and I went with our friends Tammy and her beautiful daughter Sadie (who is so hilarious). On the way home after a long day at Disneyland, we were at a stop light waiting for our turn to get going, and Sadie (who can just barely talk) says : "COME ON." Haha! We couldn't help but all start laughing. She's such a cutie.

Right now Atley's really into asking questions... even though she can't speak with a lot of words yet... She says things in a question-like manner, with her vocal inflections going up at the end of every word? Dadda? Dodo?? Ssssssa?? Mamaaaa? Use your imagination. :)

Her vocabulary is growing though!!! She can say doddy (doggy), key (kitty), mow (meow), R R R (ruff ruff ruff), daddy, mama, sssss (sippy). And she knows a little sign language too! She knows "more", "eat", and "sippy", and "all done". Smart little baby!


Daddy and Atley girl enjoying the carousel at Disneyland. Mom is good at taking pics at just the right moment!! :)

The happy fam at a Halloween decorated Disneyland. It was very festive! Pumpkins everywhere! Even the flowers were all orange, yellow and red... autumn colors.

Every kid has to have that spaghetti pic sometime right?? She got it everywhere!! And is totally thrilled.


So I threw a baby shower for a friend a couple of weekends ago. It was a huge success... but I just had to show off my decorations. I made these tissue-paper balls and hung them from my ceiling. I thought they were kinda cute. She didn't know the gender of the baby, so she wanted white, black and yellow for the colors... in case you were wondering.



This is Atley's little friend Nina. They play together all the time, and are such good little buddies.


Grandma Jensen sent Atley a halloween package in the mail a little while ago, and she got this darling halloween princess bucket... with.... (gasp) M&M's inside!!!! (Atley's FAVORITE) She knows the M&M package by heart. And every time I pull it out she gets this huge smile on her face, goes "Ooooooooo", and starts shaking her hands cause she gets so excited. It's hilarious. I think she was saying "Oooooo" in this pic. You can kind of see it if you look closely at her mouth. Haha.



This is a pretty rose from my flower bed in front of my house. Andy picked it for me before his last trip to Houston, and I thought it was sweet. It was sooo fragrant! It smelled just like those rose scented body lotions. Reminded me of my grandma jensen. She always smelled like roses.


Now THIS is an Atley M&M face. See what I mean?? I accidentally left them out one night on the floor... OOPS!!! I was busy in the kitchen, and I noticed she suddenly went quiet that morning... I turned around, and found... this!!! Colors all over her hands, all over her face. And as soon as she spotted me, she stuffed as many in her mouth as she could cause she knew I would take them away. She's so funny.


Atley before church (notice the happy face). The happy face is no longer present when church is over. But this pic is special because the dress she is wearing was mine when I was a wee baby. I think it's so much fun to dress her in clothes I used to wear. Thanks mom for saving them for me!!!



I got this kitty headband as part of my halloween ensemble for myself this year, and ever since I got them, Atley puts them on her head all by herself and crawls around the house going "Mow". Haha. No idea where she got that from!


Don't know exactly what she's doing.... but this is after bathtime. I just love her in these warm hooded towels! So fresh and so clean clean.


Disneyland pic. Sorry these are so out of order.



Atley loves loves loves this dog!


Kitty in the kitty bed. I swear I did NOT put her up to this. She did it on her own!


So this is our new ball of fur... her name is MOSE, named after Dwight Schrute's cousin on The Office. She's a darling kitty and soooo sweet. We just got her.


Our dear friends Tammy and Sadie... we went to Disney with them this last weekend, and had a blast. Sadie's hilarious. On the way home, after a long day of waiting in lines and such... we were at a stoplight, and all of a sudden, out of this teeny tiny 20 months' old mouth, we hear "COME ON" from the backseat. We all just started laughing.

10 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

I love the pictures! Atley is such a doll. I just have one question - What is Andy doing with his toenails painted, holding Mose?

Mom and Dad said...

I love the pictures! Atley is such a doll. I just have one question - What is Andy doing with his toenails painted, holding Mose?

Anonymous said...

haha, I love what Mom said about Andy's toes! I hope that really isn't Andy... ;)
Atley looks sooo cute in all of these pictures! I miss her (and you) sooo much it's not even funny! Atley has such a cute personality and is so much fun! I love that she dresses up like a kitten and eats M&M's! Had I known that, I would have sent her some in that package :)
Love you guys so much!!

Anonymous said...

PS...I LOVE her facial expressions! And, You are soo talented! How did you make those tissue paper balls? you amaze me!

Adam Jensen said...

Yeah!! Update :) I have been waiting!! Atley is so cute. I love her smile with the m&m's and that she started shoving them in when you caught her! haha. Mose is cute! I LOVE the name. I was a kitty too for Halloween! I am glad you dress up. I am the only mom I ever see dressed up it seems like, bunch of bums. Those tissue paper balls are so cool! Can't believe Atley can say all that and sign! So fun. I miss her and miss you!

Adam Jensen said...

What was Atley for Halloween???!!!!

Adam Jensen said...

koo koo ka choo! where are your halloween pics??

Jennifer said...

Oh Atley is growing up so fast! She is soo cute. I love how she knew you would take the M&M's as soon as you caught her. So cute! And I love your kitten!

kristi said...

Cute pictures. It will be fun to hear what things Atley will share with us! :)

Adam Jensen said...

I think I remember little biff wearing that dress that Atley has on.
- Ad