Monday, April 13, 2009

*EaStEr*

Easter this year was so much fun! Atley and I had a fun little photo shoot outside in her easter outfit with our friends Tammy and Sadie. Tammy took the pics, while I got the smiles! :) I think she looks so beautiful in this little blue dress. I love having a girl to dress up for Easter! Oh, and I made the bow to match! She was the perfect little model.


Anyone want to tango?



Below, are the pics from Easter day. Just to give some history, my mom always hid our easter baskets for us in the morning, so when we woke up, we had to find them. So...we woke up for church on Sunday morning, and found our easter baskets. Mine was waiting for me at the front door, and Andy's was hidden very well in a closet. Atley's.... well, it was on the counter. She's not really old enough to look for hers yet.
Atley wanted to be the one in the picture to show everyone what SHE got. (she thinks it's alllll hers) As you can see, she got lots of candy ;), a new easter basket (the white one), her dress and bow, and a little stuffed lamb. She looks thrilled, doesn't she?

Later that afternoon, after church, we had our friends Tammy and Steve and their beautiful daughter Sadie over for an Easter dinner and a little egg hunt outside for their toddler. We had so much fun with them!! I made my first Easter ham this year (the good kind of course)... and it was sooo tasty!
It doesn't get much better than having the privilege of going to church on Easter sunday... remembering WHY we really celebrate the holiday. All of the eggs, and candy and baskets are all just little side-bonuses.

This is Atley sitting on our front lawn during the egg hunt. Not much fun when you're not mobile yet! If she weren't so stubborn, maybe she'd be crawling by now... haha. Fine by me though. No one to chase yet. :)

Andy and I on Easter day. We realized (well, okay, I realized) I haven't posted a pic of just us for a long time. So here we are. Haven't changed much... still very much in love. We have the greatest relationship, and have so much fun together.
That concludes our Easter weekend! It was a great one... we had a lot of fun. Happy Easter everyone!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Atley's Easter pics! Thanks so much for sending me some!! I'm glad you had a good Easter. Andy definitely filled your basket with loads of candy ;) And, it wasn't Mom that hid our Easter baskets..it was the Easter bunny silly!!!

Anonymous said...

We loved your Easter Card! She's a looker! I love her easter dress and I LOVE the idea to hide the baskets. We'll have to start doing that. It looks like you guys have lots of nice sunny warm days. I'm so jealous. It's still been pretty cold here. We're getting close though! Can't wait till June to come see you guys! Yeah!

nan said...

Atley is adorable! It is so nice to check out your blog and see what you are up to. You and Andy look great. I love the bows and headbands you are making. If I ever get a granddaughter I would like some. We are all doing great in cold, rainy, snowy Logan.

Anonymous said...

Oh... I love her Easter dress and bow! She is so adorable! Thanks again for our bows. It was perfect with her dress. I'll post pics soon. :) Also, you are so beautiful! I love the dark hair on you. I swear if we stood next to eachother people would say we were sisters not cousins. I love the cute pics of Atley too.

Aaron and Kaime said...

You guys are too cute. Atley looks adorable! Well done.

Jennifer said...

Atley looks so cute in her Easter dress and bow! I loved the Easter card you sent. She looks so pretty! I love her blue eyes. You and Andy look so cute too, of course!

Adam Jensen said...

I loved the Easter pics you sent! Atley is such a pretty girly. It was great to hear about your Easter. Sorry I didn't get back to you the other day. I will call soon :) Good to see you and Andy in a photo! Lookin good! miss you guys