Thursday, January 29, 2009

Flowers in January

I have new pictures for the month of January (finally)!!! Atley is now 6 1/2 months old! At her last Dr.'s appointment, which was about 3 weeks ago, she weighed in at 15 pounds, 9 ounces, and she was 27 1/2 inches tall. She was in the 97th percentile for height, and only like 45th for weight. She's growing so quickly, and just gets more adorable and fun everyday. She's eating a variety of solids now... but still makes the "gross" face whenever I give them to her. I don't know if it's the texture or what. Also, she just doesn't open her mouth very big. I see other babies get all excited for solids and just plow through the food with pleasing ease, wide mouthed and everything... not this little girly girl. She takes little nibble bites, and opens her mouth about half an inch and I have to RUSH the food in before she decides to clamp her mouth shut. She's so funny. I think it's yet another sign of her girliness. Sorry Andy... I really don't think we have much of a tomboy on our hands. (he keeps hoping) Let's face it though. He just really wants someone to play sports with, and someone who actually cares what the score of the football game is that he's watching. I'll watch with him... but I'm usually just looking at how funny all of the players look in their little tight pants, and some of the afros poking out from underneath the helmets. Yeah... I'm not much of a sportsfan... but I'm an Andy fan, and I try my best to enjoy what he's enjoying. (or at least I try to trick myself into thinking I do)

This is a pic of Atley in her Christmas present that Santa gave to her... a little rainforest jumperoo. She LOVED it when we first put her in it... now she's having a bit of a hard time with it. She's had her feet caught in the little seat putting her in it a few too many times, and now she cries every time we try to put her in it. Don't know exactly what to do about that. I'm trying to avoid it for about a week, and then we'll try again. haha ;) Look at her little twig legs... I love them!!

Andy brought me home a dozen beautiful red roses after his last trip to New Orleans! When he showed them to me, I exclaimed "You got me flowers!!! And they're red because you LOVE me!!!" Yeah. I say weird things sometimes, but I don't realize how silly they sound until after they have already come out of my mouth. He also got me more fun stuff for my favorite little new toy... my ipod. I've never loved a gift so much. I use it when I clean, when I run, when I want to tune out Atley's cries (j/k)... the ipod I mean. Music is truly wonderful. Back to the subject at hand, the roses. They make me so happy to look at. I know they wilt and die eventually (as they look in this pic because I waited too long to take it), but just the pure simple beauty of a flower brings me so much joy. They don't need makeup, or clothes to make them look pretty. I know it sounds silly... but they are just simply beautiful. And they smell wonderful too! Who could ask for more from the Lord??

Here is a cute pic of my other little flower!! She's beautiful, isn't she? This was taken on the day she turned 6 months exactly.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Atle Atle is 6 months already!! She is sooo cute! I miss her, you HAVE to come visit me before June...come on, puhlease???!?!?!?! That is so sweet that Andy brought you flowers! Funny because we were talking about that that night on the phone when he was in New Orleans...haha, maybe Chris should go away for a week so he can think of something romantic like that ;) Love you!!!

kristi said...

Atley is certainly cute. Maybe we'll get to see more of her.

Anonymous said...

She truly is a doll. Thats good that she will eat solids. Kayden's not a huge fan. Those flowers are Beautiful! You lucky girl you.

Adam Jensen said...

you don't need make up or nice clothes to make you beautiful! So are you a flower then? A Gini flower :) It's ok Gin, I know what different color of flowers mean too :) If he got you yellow then it would mean only friendship :) so red means HE DOES LOVE YOU! I love that you said you are an Andy fan. That is hilarious, what more could he want. As long as you are adoring him while he is adoring football what else could be better?! What if you were adoring the tight pants! Andy should count his blessings :) j/k Atley is so cute! I can't believe how big she is. Tall and skinny, Grandpa will eat her up like a little string bean! miss you guys. ps don't feel bad most babies don't like solids at first....at least mine didn't.

Tanae said...

I think Atley looks like you! It's fun being a mom, frustrating at times, but fun! It sounds like you're enjoying it though. Your flowers are beautiful, what a good husband you have! Glad things are good for you!

Molly and Kip said...

And there red because you love me????hahhaa ohh man you crack me up. That is great! What about this...excuse me what?! haha! I had to sorry, that was another Gin moment. I do have to give it to Andy though for bringing flowers home. (Hint hint-Andy that means call Kip and tell him to do the same). Although I don't know if he will quite get that perfect response from me. That was such a good idea, and Gin I just have to say I love ya- that was great! Okay so I love the last picture of Atley. She is so adorable. I just want to squeeze her cheeks.

Lauren said...

What a pretty little flower! And the other flowers are pretty too! You're a lucky girl. I completely agree with the flower thoughts... they are such beautiful creations, simply for the enjoyment of us all!