
We have this really nice diaper bag that my mom gave to me when Atley was first born. I've loved it!! When we were in Utah over the holidays, we were using formula for Atley off and on, and I guess we stored one of them in the diaper bag for some time. Sometimes our bottles leak, and this time I guess the bottle leaked and we didn't find out about it until too late...
All was well in Ephraim, UT. Atley and I were sleeping peacefully in the guestroom of Andy's parents' house along with all of our luggage and... THE DIAPER BAG. Well the morning we were getting ready to leave Utah, Andy walked into mine and Atley's room (he prefers to sleep on the couch at his parents house because we keep the room too hot), and he said he hit a wall of stink when he opened the door. He assumed it was Atley and I and so didn't say anything just yet to be polite. So a little later in the morning we were getting the diaper bag ready for the trip home and..... WHOA!! STINK! I have never before smelled just a pungent putrid smell in all my life! Our diaper bag smelled like a rotten cheese factory. And to think he thought it was us! Anyway, we had to drive 12 HOURS in the car with that cheese smell. I thought I was going to vomit. It was so bad, that Andy and I would use it as punishment with each other. "You better...... or else I'll make you smell the cheese pouch!" Childish I know.
So now that bag of stink is banned from the house until we get the smell totally out. Anything even NEAR it wilts and gets contaminated with stink. So it's sitting in the garage... and everyday, Andy gets his cleaners in hand, paper towels in another, scrunches his nose, takes a deep breath and goes into the garage to battle the stink. He's told me his routine. He does a round of clorox bleach cleaner, then clorox wipes, then he fills the pouch with Scrubbing Bubbles and lets that sit. One week later? Still stinky! He sure is determined though, I have to give that to him. Haha!
What's even funnier is that the day previous to finding the culprit of stink, I got dressed in the morning and I remember walking around grandma and grandpa olson's house thinking "Why the heck do I smell cheese everywhere I go today?!" I kept asking Andy if I smelled like cheese, and he kept telling me no. Huh. Guess we'll see if he can beat the stink. He's so entertaining sometimes. :)



11 comments:
hahaha!! That is hilarious!! I would have loved to have been there to see Andy's face when he found the culprit. So funny!!
Just like on Seinfeld where the guy made the car smell like B.O. and they couldn't get rid of the stink.
- Adam
Wow! Andy is persistent. I would just scrap the diaper bag and go buy a new one. I went through like 3 with Hallie. Good luck with that!
Wow you must really like that diaper bag! I would just get another :) funny story!
Yes formula is one of the worst stinks! But it's just the begining when it comes to smells! Keaton's favorite thing to do at the moment is put sippy cups in his toy box, so I find them about a week later. Milk is bad, but orange juice is ten times worse! We now only have 3 sippy cups, so if one comes up missing, we know it's time to start looking for it.
That is too funny! I can smell it from over here! You guys are too funny. Atley is getting so big and so cute! You look fine in 2009 too!
That is truly a funny story!!! I remember that morning you were leaving and the concern for the diaper bag. I didn't know that there was a smell. If that makes you feel better. I can just see Andy trying to clean it. Cameron would just huck the bag. That is so funny. It does remind me of that seifield episode.
haha Andy just freakin give up with that dang diaper bag!! She just wants to be matching with our free diaper bags alright?! haha that really is funny though
hahahaha! that's awesome! GO ANDY! I hope he can get the smell out. Just wait until Atley starts eating real food you'll get all kinds of fun and interesting smells then!
Gin!!! Kaime was looking at my blog and noticed that your name is on mine. She would love to catch up with you from the good o' Snow days. Since your blog is private she can't get a hold of you. If you will can you write her on her blog. Thanks!!!
Tell Andy I say hi and sorry about your stinky bag!!!
http://kaimesmethurst.blogspot.com/
Well, I don't remember any cheesey smell coming from you if that makes you feel any better :)
We both almost wet our pants reading that story.
It actually brings back memories of a smelly bag of our own. One visit to the temple we noticed that Jeff's temple clothes were smelling pretty weird and nasty. We soon discovered the culprit was what we think used to be a banana (luckily it was in a plastic ziploc bag), but it still leaked plenty of smell onto his white clothing. Don't ask me how it got in there. We're pretty sure it had to do with a daughter of ours. The smell came out of the clothes....but the bag we kind of gave up on......where is that bag anyway???
BTW, have you tried baking soda? That's a good deodorizer. You might try it along with the 50 other things Andy is using.
Post a Comment