Sunday, August 21, 2011

Olson Fam Fest 2011

Well summer is almost over. For the Olson family, this usually means a manly man fest for the men. Only true men are able to go on this little excursion. They do a lot of manly things. They hike mountains, eat junk, get sunburned, cook frozen food for dinner, burn plate-marks into tables in their cabin, and I'm sure all of the bodily function talk and act are there as well. This year they all came to Durango, CO for their vacay. They went on the Alpine Loop here in Colorado and hiked a bunch of mountains, saw some beautiful scenery (which I will post later), and stayed in a cabin together.

BUT, who could make this all possible for them, but their loving caring and supportive wives?? That's right, I'm tooting my own horn here, because there's no one else to toot it. They were gone 2 nights and 3 days this year hiking and having fun. The women (there are 4 of us) stayed at my humble abode in Durango with our 14 children all together. What's that? Did I say 14? Yes I did!!! It was a whole lot of fun, and although we had our moments of wanting to cry along with the kids, we really did have a good time together. O how I love this family of mine. I have so much fun with them. So here are some pics of what we did during the 3 days when the men were away... :)

This pic is hilarious I think. Yes, the pink bum on the left is my daughter. Haha. Her and Kayden are twin cousins. They are only 5 days apart in age.


Atley chilllin on the couch with Kayden, Grace and Conner.




The first day we went to Rotary Park here in town and had a picnic and walked along the beautiful Animas River walk. Here's Grace, Atley and Kayden enjoying the sunshine ready to eat their picnic lunches.



We walked over a bridge and looked at the river. Kaylee and Grayson were soooo wonderful to help with the smaller kids. Atley loved them!, and they took such good care of her.


Here's studly little Leroy wading in the river. Wait, did I say wading? I meant going for a swim! This kid didn't hesitate to dip his bum in the water in the first few minutes we were there, then went full throttle and got his whole body wet.


Here's Leroy's pretty mommy watching (and laughing) as Leroy gets himself soaked. Kayden sat like that on the grass the whole time while the other kids waded. I don't think he likes getting his clothes wet. He's such a funny kid.



Atley throwing rocks into the water. She loves making big splashes!



small, Bigger, BIGGEST. Harlan, Conner and Grayson playing the wii.



Uncle Kent holding little Milly. Isn't this a sweet picture? We love it when we can see Uncle Kent. He tells the most interesting and animated stories, and has a very fun sense of humor.



Stayven with his little twin cousin Milly. They are exactly 7 days apart, both born the end of June. Stayven is the younger one, but you'd never be able to tell. Milly's so petite. It's funny to compare their hand sizes. Stayven is a total boy already.



Do they look like they're related?


And here it is!!! Finally night-time, when all the kids are in bed!!! (well, except my little Atley) She would come out from the sleepover room, look at me with her big blue eyes, smile and say "I love you mommy. I just want a hug." Now how can you get mad at that? So all the ladies did their toenails and ate some junk. It was really quite nice.




Kaylee and Atley on day 2, when we went swimming at the Rec center. The kids had a blast.



An action shot: Kaylee catching Atley as she slides down Slide Frog. Blessed Slide Frog.



Diana and her little daughter Riley playing with a little geyser. Riley loved it!!! She would shake with excitement and try to eat the water.



Grace the model.


Movie time at the end of a very long day. So we set pillows in the ottoman. The kiddos loved every minute of it! It look comfy doesn't it? I wish I could fit my big ole bottom in there!


Atley and Kayden, the infamous Frenemies. They were friends one minute, and the next they were barking at each other with every ounce of grouchiness each little body could muster. It appears they have decided to be friends in this moment. This is the last day when the guys were home. Some of us went river rafting (me, Diana, Dallin, Darrin, Ali, Grayson, Kaylee, Maddy and Uncle Kent). Most of us rode in the raft, while Kaylee, Maddy and Uncle Kent tried their hand in kayaking. SCARY! But the did great. Especially the girls!!! The rest went to a train museum. I guess Atley loved it!

That was that! Thanks Olson fam for a grand ole time! Love you all!


No comments: