Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jensen Fam Reunion 2011

We were so lucky this year. The whole Jensen fam came to Durango for our reunion. Mom, Dad, Jess, Jen and their cute kiddos came a couple of days early to stay at our house. We had a blast with them. We don't get to see them very often since they live in Michigan, and we lived in California. Now that we're a bit closer to Utah though, we will hopefully be able to see them a lot more. We have so much fun with them, and I just love when we do get to visit. I was amazed at how quickly our kiddos became best friends. It's so neat when family gets together. There's just a different feeling.Here's Atley with her cousins Lily and Cayson. They had fun all night, running around the driveway outside with their bare feet being all crazy. It was hilarious.
We also got to go swimming at the Rec center with Jess and Jen while wonderful Grandma J watched Stayven back at the abode. Thanks mom. We had so much fun splashing and playing in the water.


Jen and lovely Lily. I love this picture. It's so cute. Lily's always smiling when she's with her mom. ;)


Here's "slide blue". That's what Atley calls it. She says everything backwards. She will always say the object first, then the color. So anyway, it stuck. It is now officially Slide Blue in our family. Here's Andy taking his daughter down her favorite slide. They did this frequently while I was pregnant and couldn't do much. They went swimming almost every wkend together. I think it's so fun. He's such a great daddy and loves to do things with his daughter.

Handsome men, Jess and Cayson having fun.


Haha, I love Jen's expression in this picture. Look close. O! Haha. We had so much fun with you guys. Thanks so much for coming to our house early to see us. It made us feel so loved.

Ats and her proud mommy. Isn't my little girl beautiful? Ignore the pic of me... no makeup. Yikes. Haha.


Here's an updated picture of my sweet little boy. He's still such a sweet-tempered baby boy. He's such a good cuddler, and I simply adore him.


On Saturday, when everyone was here, we went up to Silverton CO to look around. It was a fun time. Here's Merissa cheesin it up at an ice cream joint. She makes me laugh. I was sad I didn't get a pic of the whole clan. We all went into Smedley's Ice Cream parlor to get out of the hot sun, and have ourselves a sweet treat. Andy got vanilla, Atley chocolate (of course), and I got my favorite... mint chocolate chip.


Isn't Dev a suave lookin' young man? He's such a great help with the kids. He's so good with them, and they all adore him. He always makes special time for each one of them.


All the grandkids in Silverton. Isn't this fun? I can't believe our family is growing so quickly...
It's so much fun though. I remember how much fun I had with my cousins when I was little, so I'm overjoyed to see these guys together having such a great time.


Ats, Cays and Lilster on a bench in front of Smedley's.


Merissa met this handsome man on the street in Silverton. She's kinda weird for wanting to give him a smooch, but whatever... How was it Meriss?


Posing with Merissa's new-found bff.


Atley and Grandpa after an exhausting but totally fun day. Isn't this picture sweet? I love it. Thanks Fam for such a great week! I love all of you so much, and feel so blessed and lucky to have such a wonderful, close family.


2 comments:

Jill said...

Just wanted to say, by the way, that you look beautiful too...even without the make-up. We miss your sweet family!

Jennifer said...

It was such a fun trip to Colorado! You live in a beautiful place. We had so much fun seeing everyone. I wish we didn't live so far away. Thanks for letting us stay with you the first night. We don't get to see your family nearly enough. Stayven and Atley are such sweet kiddos! Oh and thanks for the reminder to look closely at my face going into the water. Not sure everyone needs a close up. he he :)