Monday, May 16, 2011

Our New Home

I know I've pretty much bombed out this year on the whole blogging thing. O well, you do what you can do when you're pregnant and sick all year and moving to a new location. So here's a little update on where we are at right now.


We've made our move to Durango, Colorado, and love it so far! The area is gorgeous, and Andy's job is going well. He's been really busy with business trips and trying to get up to speed with his new responsibilities, but he's done well, and I think the worst is over with. :) I'm now 33 weeks, or 8 months pregnant with our baby boy, and I'm still totally feeling the effects of moving to 7400 feet elevation. We came from sea level, so I've been having kind of a rough time with fatigue and vomiting and headaches again. Isn't pregnancy fun? Haha, it will be worth the end result when he decides to make his debut. I have to keep reminding myself of that.


We've been able to do some fun things as a little family since we moved out here. I think that's been my favorite part of moving, that, and the family visitors we've received already! Every weekend, Andy, Atley and I go for a drive in the beautiful mountains, check out a new trail, or a new place to eat. Or we go swimming at the Durango Rec Center, which has an awesome toddler pool with tons of slides and water toys, a lazy river, a huge twirly blue slide for older kids (or the young at heart). Already since we've moved out here we've had so many visitors.


Grandma Mary and Grandpa have come out once together. It was so great to have them here, and have them see where our new abode is. Atley just loves her Grandmas, and has so much fun with them. Grandpa's not so bad either. ;) She adores him as well. She always includes them in her prayers at night, and lately, she's been keeping them hostage in a small cupboard in our bedroom. She will go and knock on the door, open it and say "Hello Grandma and Grandpa! How you?" Haha.


The weekend before Easter, we were also able to see my cousins Dana, Landon and their cute boy Daxton in Farmington, NM. They were so sweet and invited us down for an easter egg hunt and BBQ. We had so much fun with them, and Landon's family was so sweet and generous and showed us such kindness. Very fun.


And Grandma Mary, Merissa and Ryelyn came out for almost a week while Andy was in Texas on business. That was wonderful. We shopped and ate out, and did lots of bubbles and baths for the kiddos. Rye and Atley had a blast together. You'd think they were sisters the way they acted around each other. It was really fun to see.


Then another wkend Papose, Vickie and Unco Dallin came out. It was Andy's birthday. Happy Birthday Andy!!! The same wkend as Mother's Day. They didn't stay very long, but we had so much fun with them. We went for drives, showing them around Durango, ate at Serious Texas BBQ, and had a night of telling alien stories. Haha, don't know how they came up, but we had a long talk about creepy alien stories and other funny things. They are so much fun.

Our next visitors will be Ad, Rach, Kyler, Haydo and Annalee! We are so excited to see them in a few weeks!!!

1 comment:

Kristi Barnes said...

WOW! I didn't have any idea you were even moving, Melissa came for a visit a month or two ago and we were reminising about the old times and I told her you had a cute blog, but hadn't updated in a while. I'm sorry pregnancy has been so rough on you, sounds like you're keeping the right perspective. Colorado...wow, those pictures look beautiful, hope you continue to love it! Take care...and Happy Early birthday since I don't have a way of letting you know on your bday!