Sunday, January 30, 2011







O MY HEAVENS!!! What's that? You can't believe you're reading an update?! Believe it baby! Cuz here it is peeps:

There has been sooo much going on around here... I can't possibly cover it all from the past, what, 7 months?! So I will cover the biggies, and the rest might be in pics and I might not cover some of it at all. I will do what I can.

FIRST off, we have a new little addition coming soon to the Olson family! I'm currently about 4 1/2 months along, and about 5 pounds heavier! Haha, although I have to say it feels like 20. After much vomiting, migraines, fatigue... well, wait, I'm still going through all that, but I'm sooo looking forward to meeting our end product. Boy or girl? We haven't found out yet... but will be finding out in the next week or so, so I will definitely be posting about that in the near future.

SECOND, the Olson fam will be moving to a new location here in the next 2 MONTHS!!! Andy's being trasnferred with Chevron to DURANGO, COLORADO!!! We seriously couldn't be more excited about this upcoming move. We feel like it's such a blessing to our family. It's 5 hours closer to family, as well as around some of the most beautiful country... and it's surroundings will include all of mine and Andy's hobbies and recreational activities... so we are absolutely thrilled. We've been praying for an opportunity to live closer to family, and it's finally here! I'm going to brag a little for Andy in this family scrapbook in saying that this was the only engineering position being offered in the western US, besides California, and HE got it!!! I'm so proud of him and all of his hard work.
I do have to mention though, we will miss dearly all of our Bako friends and "family". We've made some very close connections here, and love everyone so much. Everyone's been sooo good to us. So thank you Bako friends.

THIRDLY, Atley is doing so well. We are in the midst of potty training right now, and I have to say, I've been impressed. She's done so well, and I'm so proud of her.
She is truly such a joy to be around, and says the most adorable things. She LOVES her princesses, loves to dance around the room in dress-up clothes, loves her "bearsies" and chocolate. She calls it "chokit". haha, and seriously asks for some multiple times each DAY! What can I say? She's a true girl!

So the pictures above (because I don't remember how to run this blogging system) are of a tea party we had with Sadie, Atley's friend, a few days ago, and I just have to document it because it was adorable.

8 comments:

Blog said...

Nice to read your blog! Atley looks really cute. Props to Andy. Way to go to the big man on campus for landing the job in Durango. It's easy to see he's the man for the job. He's good at what he does and had some great experiences with Chevron in Bako.

I look forward to buying a Nalgene bottle in Durango when we come and visit.

Adam Jensen said...

I love the tea party!! I am so glad she likes the tea set. I am excited for your new baby and move. I can't wait to visit you in Colorado. I wish we still lived there sometimes!! Hurray for an update :) and Way to go Andy we are proud of you!

Anonymous said...

cute pictures!! Can't wait to have you living closer! We will definitely have to plan more get togethers :) I am trying to see if maybe we could come out for a few days sometime during spring break...love you!!!

Katie said...

Yay for the baby on the way! That is really exciting news. Way to go Andy on the job. Big year for you guys. Congrats.

Adam Jensen said...

We're so glad you're moving to Colorado. We so loved it when we were there. It truly is an awesome state. Rach will wear shorts when we come to visit and have long, untamed hair.
- Adam

Anonymous said...

GINI! I am so happy for you with all of your exciting news! I am guessing boy:) I have never been to Duragno but I know that Dana and Landon have a family cabin there and they love it so much. Atley is sooo big at looks so much more like you!

Landon and Dana said...

GINI!!!! This is all sooo exciting! A baby and a move! i couldn't be happier for you guys! We need to be in touch about Durango and our babies that sound like they will be really close in age! so fun. i will probably see you a LOT more in Durango. WE don't go there a ton, but we go there more than we go to CA! i will be in touch soon!

Kristi Barnes said...

hooray for updates! Congratulations on baby number 2, you'll love having 2...it's an easy tranistion and fun to have kids interact together:) I went up to Ephraim a couple of months ago and Brother Bingham was asking me about you and I didn't have much of an update...now I do! Hope you're doing well. Love the pictures of your cute girl!