Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Turkey and Dressing after the Blessing (and after the gallbladder is out)

So it's been a little while since our last post. This I realize. However, we have some pretty good excuses stored up... for instance, I had my gallbladder out on the 9 of December. Also, we went to Utah for Thanksgiving time and were sick then, as my last post stated. So we've got a whole lot of healin' goin' on for the month of December, and a whole lot of people to thank in the SilverCreek ward who have helped us get along while mommy has been sick. Can I just vent for a second... and say how FRUSTRATING it has been to not be able to care for my own baby? I haven't been able to pick her up at all for the past week and a half, and I swear she thinks Andy and grandma are her new parents to take place of her old mommy. In fact, Andy may as well grow two big lumps on the front of his chest in Atley's eyes... because she is no longer happy to see mommy... only daddy. She squeals with delight at the very sight of him! Huh... 5 months of taking care of her 24/7 mean absolutely nothing to her... only the past week and a half count. Just kidding. However, I really am looking forward to next week, not only will Christmas finally be here *for which I am soooo excited this year*, but I will be able to hold my baby girl once again, and carry her on my hip where ere I go once again. I love that little giggle box so much. She is the light of my life.

On another note, I owe Andy and my own mom soooo much!! Ever since surgery last week, they have been waiting on me hand and foot, and taking such good care of my baby girl. I appreciate their love and devotion so much. And my husband has been ever so patient with me, as I have needed help doing every little thing and have been having my daily emotional breakdowns. Thank you Andy, for loving me so much and so unconditionally. I don't know what I would ever do without your love and encouragement in my life!

So here are some pictures from the past month, our trip to Utah, Thanksgiving and such. Enjoy!











8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are recovering ok! Merissa told us that you had to get surgery :( I'm so sorry... you do have a wonderful husband and momma! I'm sure she is enjoying taking care of Atley very much. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Adam Jensen said...

Gini you are so funny. I loved reading your post. I am so grateful for Andy and your momma too! I am glad Atley thinks Andy has grown breasts, so he can care for her during your time of healing :) I am glad you are doing better and better. I CANNOT WAIT to see you in a WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you starting to feel better Gin! This Christmas you will be able to eat whatever you like! (well you might get a titch of the runs, but you will feel way better! :) I am glad Andy and Mom have taken such good care of you! Sorry I couldn't come out :( I love that little picture of Atley in her jacket...she looks sooo much like your baby pictures! It's an uncanny resemblance ;) haha, love you and I cannot wait to see you next week!!! PS. i am staying at mom and dad voorheese house for a week! love you!

Sam and Janiece said...

Gosh, I had no idea that you had your gallbladder removed...if you need anything, you can call us! Hope you are feeling better.

kristi said...

PLEASE let us have Atley for an afternoon, or whatever time is best for you. She is adorable! I bonded with her at Naomi's last week and miss her, and you, too, of course!

Anonymous said...

Hey Virginia!

I laughed so hard at your blog.
Cameron piped in and said that,
"That's all that Andy needs to be a woman!" We all know that Cameron really loves Andy and wants to be just like him. I'm so excited to see you all for Christmas! You take it easy!

Lindsay said...

Andy dont look so thrilled about getting your picture taken with your daughter!! LOL

Manu Family said...

wow.. you have been through alot... hope you get to feeling better... =)