Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day




Well Sunday was my very first official Mother's Day!! Andy made it such a good day. He gave me two great CD's... even made me mac'n cheese for lunch, and wrote me the sweetest letter. I also received a nice card from my parents, and they also gave me my diaper bag for mother's day. I'm starting to get sooo excited for this little one to come into the world. This pregnancy has brought about such a rainbow of emotions... some of which I never knew I was capable of.

Even though it was mother's day, I still had to teach my sunday school lesson... Andy didn't let me off the hook. We take turns every other week since we share the calling, and we teach the 14-18 year olds in our ward. Talk about an intimidating crowd... and they're mostly teenage boys, with the exception of about 6 girls. We have a class of about 20. (Thank heavens Andy is in there with me) No, they're really good kids, and it's a fun calling to have. I do, however, feel bad for them... as they have to put up with the pregnant woman's emotions. Haha. It makes me laugh, thinking of how uncomfortable I probably make those teenage boys when the water works start. Ad, you know who comes to mind? Jeanette Anderson... I still remember you complaining about her water works when you were a teenager. Haha!!



Rach, these belly pics are just for you! I took them myself... as if you couldn't tell... I have no arm in the picture. I just barely took them today, so they are extremely up to date! I am now 33 weeks along, and will be 34 on Thursday!


12 comments:

Lauren said...

Gini, you look radiant as a pregnant mommy! :) Happy 1st Mother's Day.

Adam Jensen said...

Thanks Gin!!! You look beautiful. You have such a perfect belly, looking great! I am glad you put my shirt to work :) makes your eyes look nice! You are getting SO CLOSE!!! 4 more weeks and you will be term!!!!!!!!! I hope she makes here debut between 38-40 weeks and not too much after your due date. Happy Mother's Day! You will make a wonderful mother, and just wait you think you have strong emotions now, just wait till you hold that little bundle!

Anonymous said...

Gin you are looking so cute!!!! I am so excited for baby gretchen to come, it's coming so fast!! Happy mother's day! I can't wait til I can have a "Mother's Day" without the "step" feeling to it... ;) Love you!!

Shannon said...

You look so cute! Happy first Mother's Day!

Malinda said...

Yeah! you have a cute belly. I'm soooooo happy for you. I'm glad you had a happy mother's day. You are glowing. I can't wait to see your little bundle of cuteness cause you know she is going to be adorable. Love ya!

Adam Jensen said...

Hey Gin -
I love your cute pregnant pictures. You look great. I like the letter from Andy with the baby 'do' and 'don't' pictures on it. That website was funny. I can't wait to see and hold your sweet little baby.
Love, Ad

Vaylene & Jordan said...

Sooo cute! When are you due?

Kristi Barnes said...

It is so fun to see you with a pregnant belly, I honestly couldn't imagine it. You are one of the lucky ones who looks like you're all belly! I unfortunately put on about 30 pounds in my face...not something I'm willing to photograph. 34 weeks....yeah! I delievered both of mine between 37 and 38 weeks, so it could be really soon. I'm excited for you.

Katie said...

Cute pictures Gini! Hopefully the first of many wonderful Mother's Days. This is Andy's cousin Katie Ericksen in Iowa. I wanted to invite you to view my blog but I don't know your email. Would you email me something?

Jennifer said...

Gin you look so cute pregnant! I haven't seen your belly and I love it! Isn't it so fun to think that your precious little baby is inside your belly?! I can't believe how soon you are due, time is flying!

Molly and Kip said...

Oh my gosh only 39 days left. I am so sorry you were sick today. I was worried that would happen. I hope you are doing well and let me know if you need anything

Anonymous said...

Gin! You look so cute with your round little tummy... so neat that the little one is inside of there almost ready to come into the world. You are going to be such a cute little mommy... I can't wait to see pictures!