So this year for Independence Day, Andy, Atley and I set out for a day in Sequoia National Park. I think this is our favorite park in CA so far. The trees are amazing, and it's sooo beautiful and peaceful. We picked a new route to drive on so we could see some new areas of the park. It was such a GORGEOUS day, so nice and warm. When we got up into the pines, we stopped at a campsite to eat lunch and picnic. Atley loved being in the mountains. She was all smiles, squeals, and kept waving her arms like crazy (she does this when she's really excited).
Scenery pics along the drive. Oh, and (not pictured), but we saw a bear!!! I was sooo excited! It was just sitting on the road, and when we got close, it started barreling off into the trees. So I got to see it's little bear bum jiggle into the woods. It was so fun to see. It had pretty auburn fur that shimmered in the sunlight as it ran. I tried to grab my camera, but it was too fast.
We took of her little socks at the waters' edge and put her feet in... she seemed to be so fascinated by all of the running water.
Me doin' my mommy duties in the comfort of our Yukon, and of course Andy just HAD to get a picture of it.
Here Atley is, just enjoying the grandeur.

I am SOOOO fascinated with these huge pinecones!!! Aren't they cool? It's almost the size of Atley!
Bad lighting, but this is Andy and Atley in front of a huge Sequoia tree stump.

This is the campsite where we had our lunch-time picnic. Andy was sooo sweet to get everything ready for the trip in the morning while bug and I slept in (we had a rough night... Atley's getting her molars in!), so he had packed a little grill and some hotdogs and chips and a bunch of snacks for our lunch.
This is the campsite where we had our lunch-time picnic. Andy was sooo sweet to get everything ready for the trip in the morning while bug and I slept in (we had a rough night... Atley's getting her molars in!), so he had packed a little grill and some hotdogs and chips and a bunch of snacks for our lunch.



7 comments:
hahah, I love Andy's reply to your granola comment, that's hilarious! Looks like you guys had fun! I would love to go there someday, it looks beautiful! You look beautiful, too! Wish I could look that cute when I'm in the mtns, sheesh!!! Love you!
hey Gin, we were just there last weekend... pics look nice and lot's of fun.... how have you been??
Hey chicky! Those trees are way cool! I love the pic of that bridge! I'd be freakin out to go over that! Scarry! Sorry about that nasty picture Cam sent you! I can't control him any more! lol! I want to come and visit you guys again. That was so fun. I hope that you guys are feelin better. Kayden is now on his 3rd antibiotic too plus a shot to get rid of his ear infections!
Can't wait to see you again!
What a fun trip! I love those huge pinecones too! they are the coolest. We need to have a fam reunion in yosemite so we can see all the cool stuff where you live :) I love your commentary... jiggy bear bum, marmot doggy, hairy armpits :) I can just hear andy saying that and they laughing at himself :) Miss you guys
Oh! That looks so pretty! Is there some place like this that we could meet in the middle on a nice Sunday afternoon?
That is so funny that you went up there. I was just telling Steve last night that we needed to plan a trip up there with you guys. Maybe in Sept or Oct?
Sadie had so much fun in the mountain and at the lake that we are going to try and do more.
The pictures were beautiful though. don't you just love it when daddy takes the picture of you when you least want him too. HA!
Was it a Marmot or a Marmon? I hope you kept one of those pinecones, they look awesome. Was it a grizzly bear or a black bear?
- Ad
Post a Comment