Monday, July 13, 2009

Atley's ONE!!!

Saturday, July 11, Atley turned ONE!!! I can't believe it was a full year ago that we had a brand new Atley. Time sure goes by quickly. Here are some fun facts about my little sweet Atley:

On 7-11 one year ago, she was born at 10:13 p.m., and was 7.7 lbs and 20 inches long.
Now she weighs 18.12 lbs and is 30 inches tall!
She LOVES snacks. She's not a good eater generally, but loves little crackers and yogurt puffs.
She prefers soy milk over cows milk. She loves it!
She has always loved music, ever since she was first born. Music was the only thing that would stop her from crying when she had colic for that first 6 months, and now whenever she hears a song, she smiles and dances to it. :)
She loves The Wiggles, and Baby Einstein. She's always been a TV junkie. Andy and I joke that she's always happy as long as she's got her movie and a snack in front of her.
She loves kitties and dogs. She gets sooo excited when she gets to pet either, and will say "dah dah" referring to dogs.
She's a very happy, very easy-going little girl. A few weeks ago, she had really bad ear infections, and you would never have known it by her attitude. She was so happy.
Atley's very feminine and on her birthday I put a purple lei on her, and she was so excited. She didn't try to take it off all day.
She's figured out how, and loves to push buttons.
Her grandma and grandpa Jensen came to Bakersfield to help us party, and it was sooo nice to have them here. Thank you for traveling so far for Atley's little birthday party! :) We love you! THE CAKE...
Atley's first birthday cake, homemade by none other than... myself. It was my first attempt at being decorative with a cake, and I had so much fun doing it. It tasted really good too! :)
There has to be lots of pics when you put so much time and effort into something. :)

The most important part of Atley's day... the GIFTS!!! She got a WALKER from mommy and daddy, a mini piano that she loves, and grandma and grandpa got her a horse that she can ride and it rolls on the ground. She likes to press its cheek and hear it niegh.


Atley diving into her giant cupcake with grandma and grandpa J beside her. She loved the frosting!!

The ONE candle, and getting ready for action. Notice Atley's got her bib on all ready to eat sugar.


Hmmm... but does she like it???


Still so lady-like, eating with one finger at a time in her mouth.


Grandma and Grandpa also got her a little cowgirl hat, and she actually didn't mind wearing it! We had a blast with her in this hat.

Atley holding 'her baby' on grandpa's lap. She will give her kisses and holds her just like a real baby. She's so funny.

Grandma J dancing with Atley. She would squeal and laugh during the turns, she loves it, and she loves her grandma!! She gets so excited when she sees grandma and grandpa!!

Waiting for grandma and grandpa to arrive... a ritz cracker sticking out of her mouth. Silly girl.

14 comments:

Steven and Tanesha said...

Happy Birthday Atley! She is so cute! I love the cake you made, it looksl ike it took a lot of hard work.

Sam and Janiece said...

Holy Cow...time sure flies by doesn't it!?! What a cute little cowgirl you have.

Malinda said...

Atley is so adorable. I can't believe she is one years old already. You did a smashing job on that beautiful cake. My sister would like to know where you got the pan and how you made it please. I'm so proud of you for being a wonderful homemaker. I miss you so much. Love you!

Brooke McKay and Parker said...

Happy Birthday Atley. There's just something special about the first birthday. I'm glad it was a fun day.

Manu Family said...

Happy birthday Atley!!! what a cutie!!

Falen said...

How cute!! Its always an adventure to see what the little ones do with the cake, which looks GREAT!!! I love it! Happy Birthday Atley! (Geesh where does the time go?? Ü )

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe she is a year old! Seems like just a few months ago I was out there helping you *try* to calm the little cryer ;) jk She is too cute! I cannot wait to come out and give her a huge hug! Your cake looks sooo good, I am very impressed! You are so talented!!

Adam Jensen said...

Happy Birthday Atley!!!! I so wish we could have been there. I am so glad Mike and Mary came out, they are the best grandparents. Such a cutie! I LOVE the cupcake cake!! you did great! It looks so yummy too, not just pretty! I love her hat and little horsey. What a sweetie. I miss her, can't believe she's a year!

Lindsay said...

I can't believe Atley is one either! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The cake you made was great!

Adam Jensen said...

Wish we could have come out to see her on her birthday. Someday I hope we all live closer.
- Ad

Jennifer said...

Wow, I can't believe Atley is already one year old!! She looks so cute in her cowboy hat!

And Happy Birthday to you Gin! I hope you have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cake! Super cute!!!! You should do a cake bis! I miss you guys! Happy birthday to ya both!

Carl said...

Oh she is getting so big! And looked like she had a fun birthday!

heidi said...

so cute! that gigantic cup cake looks awesome. i'll bet she had a great day! it seems to get more and more fun for me as they get older and understand more & love it more.